Wednesday, April 18

3 Possible Books for April/May

Heat by Bill Buford

 

Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway


Wonder by R.J. Palacio




Let the voting begin. Also how does Tuesday, May 22 sound for everyone?

18 comments:

erin said...

i think i'll go for angelmaker. and tuesday, may 22 works for me.

Cory said...

I'd like to make a comeback. My vote's for Wonder, but I'm unfortunately out of town the 22nd of May.

Sarah Clapp said...

When will you be back in town, Cory? What about Thursday, May 24th?

Cory said...

that sounds fine!

Laura Chancey said...

Heat! Can't wait!

erin said...

i can do the 24th, too, but can't if it's at all later than that...we'll be in fort walton for the summer leaving the 25th

Jamie said...

Wonder sounds good to me. Either day works.

Elaine Davis said...

My vote is for Angel Maker, and any of those dates should work.

Sarah Clapp said...

Anyone else want to vote? I'll call it Thursday so we can get to reading.

lindsey lower said...

i vote for Heat! I can't do 24th, but i can do the 22nd.

lindsey lower said...

i vote for Heat! I can't do 24th, but i can do the 22nd.

Laura Hausen said...

I vote for Angel Maker! Either date should be good for me!

Sarah Clapp said...

Angel Maker wins!

Hmm, another possibility is Wednesday the 23rd. I've got community group on Wednesdays and I think a lot of you have small groups as well. But I can miss it if that means that everyone can come.

I don't know. I need help with the date. What do you guys think? Any other ideas? I can't do it Monday, the 21st but am pretty open otherwise. Thanks for the feedback!

Jamie said...

word on the street is that this is a longer book than usual. I have yet to get mine in the mail but we could push the date back a bit for more reading time...

Sarah Clapp said...

word on the street is right. This is a longer book. I think it reads pretty fast though being a super adventure novel. I'm up for pushing the date back except that Erin wouldn't be able to come. Dang!

Thanks for chiming in, james! Anyone else like to add thoughts?

If people want to push the date back then how about Monday, June 4th?

Cory said...

sounds good to me!

Sarah Clapp said...

Hey Everyone!
Book Club will be at my house this coming Monday at 7:30. Please let me know if you can come. Email me at sarah.m.clapp@gmail.com if you need my address. Thanks!

Cory said...

I quit the book about 200 pages in. I'm sorry! That said, I'd still love to come on Monday. Count me in.